Saturday, February 26, 2011

Update from Rocky Rapids...

So, this update was supposed to start with a photo of Rocky Rapids, and then a brief video of my new place, but I have run into some technical difficulties. Technical like... I cannot find my Camera cord. I am hopeful that it will turn up after I unpack a little bit more, but if not I will just go buy a new cord.

This place is very nice and will suit my needs perfectly. I could not have asked for a nicer family to be my landlords. I have not managed to get any art on the wall yet, but hopefully by tomorrow night I will be completely unpacked. Then I can sort out my camera cord as I have a few blogs that I want to write but will not without the photos that accompany them.

Hmm... that makes me wonder if I can even upload videos from here. Maybe. I have a Rogers Hub to get my internet and I spent quite a while yesterday going from window to window in the basement to try and get some semblance of a signal. Things did not go well on that front. Today I put the hub upstairs and it seems to be ok... I have uninterrupted medium speed internet. I just have to make sure that I don't use it tons and tons and have to pay about a zillion dollars. I guess there goes my hopes and dreams as using Skype as my house phone... do you think that Rogers has a my one thousand plan? I don't think just having free calling to my friends is going to count, especially when my clients in New Brunswick will be giving me a call soon to talk about some work stuff... Yikes, I had better start to think about how to get all of this stuff sorted out.

Also, buying all the stuff you need for a new place is a pain. Baking goods, spices, paper towel, etc., etc., etc. Oh well... I should be up and running soon.

That is all for now, and if my camera cord turns up I will enlighten you with some more fun blogs, but for now, I need to try and make some food with my lack of spices...


p.s. I cannot yet post blogs from my house... this has been graciously posted by a dear friend of mine. I will try to get some kind of antenna up and running tomorrow to boost my internet signal... Let's hope it works.

p.p.s. Frik. Maybe I will just write my posts at home and then to the final post from work. BTDubs... where is that camera cable?

No comments:

Post a Comment